Hire Information & Full Terms & ConditionsIncluding easy payment plans
Placing an Order
If you wish to order, please let us know and we will send you a booking pack. This needs to be completed and returned with your deposit. The amount of deposit we require to secure the booking will be £50 which will secure your day. Any goods hired from us will require a deposit which is dependent on what’s being hired out.
Collection, Set-up & Delivery
We will deliver and set-up any hire equipment either the night or on the morning of the event depending on what your venue will allow. We will return the day after your event to remove and collect the hire goods.
For all events there needs to be an agreed cancellation policy. The cancellation policy is as follows;
- • 8-12 weeks before the date of event – 50% of the total booking value.
- • 4-8 weeks – 75% of the total booking value.
- • Less than 4 weeks – 100% of the total booking value.
Terms & Conditions
- 1) All equipment remains the property of the owner – Solid State UK.
- 2) During the period of hire, the Hirer shall be solely responsible for the hired goods and insuring the goods.
- 3) The owner shall not be responsible for injury or damage to persons or property howsoever sustained arising from our goods under hire.
- 4) The contract for the hire of goods is between Solid State UK and the hirer, not the venue unless goods are being hired directly by the venue. It is the Hirers responsibility to ensure that the venue is clearly instructed so that the terms and conditions are met. Solid State UK will charge the hirer for any costs due to terms and conditions being broken. It is then the responsibility of the hirer to reclaim any of these costs from the venue if the venue was at fault.
- 5) Any missing / broken / stained or damaged goods will be charged to the hirer at full retail price after the event.
- 6) Shortages and damages to hired goods will be charged at full replacement value inclusive of VAT and delivery to the owner. No substitute item will be accepted by the owner.
- 7) The owner will inform the hirer within 30 days, in writing of any damages and costs concerning any of the hired goods. An invoice will be sent outlining the amount of damage and costs exceeding the security deposit.
- 8) The security deposit, minus any deductions for loss or damage will be returned within 7 days of the hire date.
- 9) The owner shall inspect the goods upon arriving at the venue to collect, and make notes of any missing or damaged goods etc and may take photos of goods.
- 10) In the event of shortages or damages the hirer shall endorse the note accordingly at time of collection.
- 11) Goods must be ready for collection at the agreed location at the correct date and time. A charge is made for an aborted deliver / collection by the owner where the venue / hirer / customer is at fault.
- 12) Goods must be packed in the boxes that they were delivered in.
- 13) Charges will be made for any goods left in plastic bags.
- 14) Charges will be made for any damaged goods including goods that have been dragged on the floor, ground in earth stains, burns, holes, rips and tears, candle wax, grease or deep staining.
- 15) Damaged goods remain the property of Solid State UK.
- 16) If goods are not returned at the end of the agreed hire period Solid State UK retain the right to charge for:
- 16a) The cost of replacement goods to honour any bookings where the goods are required.
- 16b) The cost of replacement goods where hired items are permanently not returned.
- 16c) An additional hire period, charged at the cost of hire per item per day. E.G. If 50 chair covers have been hired at £2.75 each this equals £137.50 per day. This is the amount you will pay per day.
- 17) All replacement goods will be charged at the cost of goods including VAT and delivery.
- 18) Goods that are to be collected and returned by the hirer must be collected and returned to the agreed office on the agreed dates otherwise charges will be made as stated in points 16a, 16b, 16c and 17.
- 19) Your details will not be sold or passed onto any third party companies.
- 20) Permission to allow us to use photographs of your event for our own advertising purposes.
A non-refundable deposit of £50 if date is cancelled is due on conformation. When settling the overall bill, 50% of the balance is due 3 months prior to the event day, 75% is due 2 months prior of the event day with the final balance due 14 days before the event. Please sign and return theses condition to Solid State UK. If it is not signed and your event is confirmed by payment of deposit, it will automatically be taken that you agree to abide by these conditions.