Hire Information & Full Terms & Conditions
By signing this agreement, you have agreed for Solid State UK Events & Furniture Hire Ltd to hire/provide a product or services to which your order/invoice number stated above holds all the information on what is to be supplied. You now understand that a booking deposit of 25% will be required within 7 days of confirming the booking with us and I understand that this was when I accepted the quotation. If your event has less than 14 days before the date of event, then payment in full is required before all items or services will be supplied (Excludes trade account customers). I understand that Solid State UK Events & Furniture Hire Ltd can cancel my booking if the deposit/ balance has not been collected at the times required and any monies paid already will be lost. This does not affect my rights of the cancellation policy below.
I also understand that Solid State UK Events & Furniture Hire Ltd will give me a choice of different payment options at the bottom of the terms and conditions and it’s my choice to which I choose a way to pay in the time frames stated.
Collection, Set-up and Delivery
We (Solid State UK Events & Furniture Hire Ltd) will deliver and set-up any hire either the night before the event or on the morning of the event, depending on what your venue allows and what has been discussed and stated on your order. We will return the following working day after your event to remove and collect all the hire goods supplied. If you have agreed delivery and collections times on your order at curtain times these will be followed.
For all events/ hires there needs to be an agreed cancellation policy. In the event of a cancellation, any deposit that has been paid will be forfeited. There is also a cancellation policy that may mean you (The Hiree) will lose or have to pay further monies depending on the time frame for your booking, these are as follows.
1) If you cancel your booking at any point there will be a small admin fee of £25 + vat payable plus you lose any deposit payment (excludes trade account customers).
2) If you have more than 181 days prior to the event/hire date you will only lose your deposit payment plus the £25 +vat Admin Fee.
3) If you have more than 140 days but Less than 181 days prior to the event/hire date, you will be charged at 20% of the invoice total, plus bound to point 1 and this will be charged and will be still payable.
4) If you have more than 100 days but less than 140 days prior to the event/hire date, you will be charged at 30% of the invoice total, plus bound to point 1 and this will be charged and will be still payable.
5) If you have more than 60 days but less than 100 days prior to the event/hire date, you will be charged at 50% of the invoice total, plus bound to point 1 and this will be charged and will be still payable
6) If you have more than 35 days but less than 60 days prior to the event/hire date, you will be charged at 75% of the invoice total, plus bound to point 1 and this will be charged and will be still payable.
7) If you have less than 35 days before the event/hire day 100% of the invoice total will be charged and all monies paid will be lost, and if it’s not been paid it will still be invoiced and payable.
If you have paid your invoice in full and you have had to cancel your booking within the above cancellation policy Solid State UK Events & Furniture Hire Ltd will reimburse any monies due back taking into account the above terms within 30 days of cancellation.
Solid State UK Events & Furniture Hire Ltd shall not be liable for the delay or cancellation of any events if the delay or cancellation is caused by circumstances or events outside our reasonable control. No refund will be given for the following reasons.
1) Strikes or industrial action
2) Riot, terrorist attack or war threat of terrorist attack.
3) Fire, explosion, storm, flood, earthquake, subsidence, epidemic or other natural disasters.
4) Impossibility of the use of public or private telecommunications network; and
5) The acts, legislation, regulations or restrictions of any government.
However Solid State UK Events & Furniture Hire Ltd would offer a move of event/hire date for free, if any of the above stopped us from supplying your order/service then no monies would be lost, this excludes any items that we have had to hire in from any third parties to supply your event/hire, but if you did choose to cancel then the above cancelation policy still stands.
Terms and Conditions
1) All equipment remains the property of the owner (Solid State UK Events & Furniture Hire Ltd). Any damaged goods remain the property of Solid State UK Events & Furniture Hire Ltd
2) During the period of hire, the hirer shall be solely responsible for the hired goods and insuring the goods.
3) The owner shall not be responsible for inquiry or damage to persons or property howsoever sustained arising from our goods under hire.
4) The contract for hire of goods is between Solid State UK Events & Furniture Hire Ltd, and the hiree, not the venue unless goods have been directly ordered by the venue. It is the hirer’s responsibility to ensure that the venue is clearly instructed so that the terms and conditions are met. Solid State UK Events & Furniture Hire Ltd will charge the hirer for any costs due to terms and conditions being broken. It is then the responsibility of the hire to reclaim any of these costs from the venue if the venue was at fault.
5) Any missing / broken / stained or damaged goods will be charged to the hirer at full retail price after the event.
6) Shortages and damages to hired goods will be charged at full replacement value inclusive of VAT and delivery to The Owner. No substitute item will be accepted by the owner.
7) The owner will inform the hiree within 30 days, in writing of any damages and costs concerning any of the hired goods. An invoice will be sent outlining amount of damage and costs, invoice’s will have to be paid with 30 days or Solid State UK Events & Furniture Hire Ltd will send non paid invoices to a debt collection agency.
8) The hiree agrees to the above cancellation policy, refund policy, deposit policy, Payment terms.
9) The owner shall inspect the Goods upon arriving at the venue to collect and make notes of missing / damaged goods etc and may take photos of goods
10) In the event of shortages or damage The Hirer shall endorse the note accordingly at time of collection.
11) Goods must be ready for collection at the agreed location at the correct date and time. A charge is made for an aborted deliver / collection by the Owner where the venue/hirer/customer is at fault.
12) Goods must be packed in the boxes they were delivered in, or if a dry hire collection, (not returned back), and if boxes or trays are not returned then the hiree accepts that there will be a charge for the missing products after the event.
13) Charges will be made for any damaged goods including goods that have been dragged on the floor, ground in earth stains, burns, holes, rips and tears, candle wax, grease or deep staining.
14) If goods are not returned at the end of the agreed hire period Solid State UK Events & Furniture Hire Ltd retain the right to charge for:
14a) The cost of replacement goods to honour any bookings where the goods are required.
14b) The cost of replacement goods where hired items are permanently not returned.
14c) An additional hire period, charged at the cost of hire per item per day. For example if 50 items have been hired at £2.75 each= £137.50 per day. This is the amount you will pay per day until returned.
15) All replacement goods will be charged at the cost of goods including VAT and delivery.
16) If your hire is a dry hire you must understand the order must be picked up and return on the dates agreed on if items are returned late extra charges may be added (Stated in points 14a, 14b and 14c).
17) Your details would not be sold or passed onto any third party companies.
18) Permission to allow us to use photographs of your event for our own adverts.
19) The hiree agree that if there event timings was to run late on delivery or collection which lead to Solid State uk events & furniture hire ltd having to wait around for more than 1 hour passed the agreed delivery & collection times then Solid State uk events & furniture hire ltd have the right to charge for this after the event per staff member that was kept waiting.
20) For products such as dance floors, light up letters, Staging and furniture hire products the hiree accepts that the price quoted is based on easy access for delivery and set up. Unless clearly stated on your invoice, And the hiree accepts that it’s their role to ensure that Solid State uk events & furniture hire ltd have been informed of more difficult situations and if its proven that its not been informed then Solid State uk events & furniture hire ltd have the right to send an invoice for the extra time it’s as taken to finish the event. Including set-up and de-rig.
21) Solid State UK Events & Furniture Hire Ltd will not be held liable for any damage caused to buildings or property from its hired items.
22) Adequate power supply must be provided by the venue/hiree for the equipment hired, for specific hired product requirements.
23) Parking must be available at all times while we are on site, if for any reason this is not the case the Hiree is liable to pay for any additional parking charges incurred by our staff.
24) The hiree is aware that the surface, which a dancefloor/product is to be laid, needs to be both flat and dry as Solid State UK Events & Furniture Hire Ltd will not be held responsible.
25) Solid State UK Events & Furniture Hire Ltd will not be held responsible if we cannot lay the dancefloor/hire product due to the surface being wet or uneven.
26) The venue/delivery address needs to have suitable access i.e. no stairs, steps etc. and the hiree must inform Solid State UK Events & Furniture Hire Ltd if this is the case. Where a function room is upstairs a goods lift will be required. And if it’s not then the hiree agree that Solid State UK Events & Furniture Hire Ltd may charge extra for this and the hiree accepts that its more work than Solid State UK Events & Furniture Hire Ltd have been told about and this may result in the extra charges being applied after the event.
27) We also need to be notified if there is gravel, ledges, lips that the trolleys needs to be pushed on/over. The hiree accepts that this is not the case unless stated on the invoice and accepts that extra charges may apply after the event.
28) If the access is poor (see points 20 & 28) then an extra charge may be made in order for extra staff to be allocated to your event to carry the hired products into the hiree venue/delivery address, and the hiree does agree to the extra charges if not noted on the invoice.
29) If your hire is a dry hire you must understand the order must be picked up from Solid State UK Events & Furniture Hire Ltd, Unit 1c, Peckleton Lane Industrial Estate, Peckleton, Common, Leicester, LE9 7RN, and NOT our head office address on the invoice. And agree that Solid State UK Events & Furniture Hire Ltd have no control over this happening the hiree accept that it’s there responsibility to take note of the collection address in this term. . All hire items must also be returned to the same address on the dates agreed. If items are returned late extra charges may be added.
30) If you dry hire table linen you must shake the cloths to remove any rubbish from the cloths before returning them back to Solid State UK Events & Furniture Hire Ltd. Extra charges may be added if linen is returned with rubbish folded inside the cloths.
A non-refundable deposit of 25% is due 7 days after confirmation of an order, the hiree accepts that the confirmation can be done via a phone call / email/ invoice software used Current RMS and the 7 days start from the day that it’s been confirmed. The hiree also accepts that the final balance is due 14 days before the event hire/date. And understands that if this payment term is not met then Solid State UK Events & Furniture Hire Ltd have the right to cancel their order and deduct any monies due within terms above in the cancellation policy (Please see cancellation policy / refund policy above). If you have decided to pay by direct debit and direct debit comes back to us unpaid the hiree accepts that there will be a charge of £25+vat admin charge.